USPCA Now Recruiting for the Board of Trustees
Established in 1836, the USPCA is the second oldest animal welfare charity in the world and its purpose has remained unchanged over that time – the prevention of cruelty and the relief of suffering in animals.
The USPCA is unique in its promise to protect ‘All Animals’ be they pets, farm livestock or native wildlife. The Charity seeks to deliver this commitment by providing a range of services including:
- Animal Hospital
- Injured Wildlife Rescues
- Animal Rehoming
- Investigation of Animal Cruelty
The Charity is seeking one individual to join the Board of Trustees.
Applicants should have an interest in the care and welfare of animals and an appreciation of the benefits to the wider community derived from the fulfillment of the Society’s charitable objectives.
It is essential that applicants can demonstrate significant experience of;
- Working within a group and embracing collective decision-making;
- Establishment and oversight of the strategic direction of an organisation;
- Understanding accounts and accounting procedures;
- Being a good communicator with the ability to sustain and develop relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
It is desirable that candidates can demonstrate either a commercial /retail acumen.
All positions are voluntary and therefore unpaid. Reasonable Expenses will bereimbursed. There are five Board meetings in the year, held in Belfast and Newry.
For an application pack, log onto our website at www.uspca.co.uk
The closing date for applications is Friday 31st August 2018. Suitable applicants will be invited to meet a panel of existing trustees in September.Back