Pedal for Paws 2021
A date for your diary!
We're delighted to announce that our charity cycle 'Pedal for Paws' is making its return on Saturday 2nd October 2021. We held our first ever Pedal for Paws last year and thanks to our wonderful participants, the event was a great success in helping raise much needed funds for the USPCA.
If you're a real animal lover and want to set your sights on a new challenge, then get into gear and join us as we tackle a 20 mile cycle from Newry to Scarva and back, following the canal towpath.
Due to restrictions regarding Covid-19, last year's event saw us introduce staggered start times and a virtual element to the challenge where participants could tackle it remotely from their preferred route. We would like to assure our participants that health and safety is paramount during this challenge and as such, we will be keeping this protocol in place for this year's event.
When numbers for those partaking in the challenge on the towpath are confirmed, participants will be allocated a staggered start time, either as individuals or within their bubble of family and friends if relevant. If you would prefer to take on the challenge remotely on your own preferred route, simply register for the event and let us know!
Once registered you will receive a sponsorship pack with all details on the cycle. Upon beating the challenge, participants will receive a special thank you in recognition of their fantastic support!
Registration fee: £10 Suggested Sponsorship: £50
The registration fee will cover your sponsorship pack and participation materials. For more information please contact Michelle McCracken email@example.com.
Being a part of Pedal for Paws is a great opportunity and couldn't be easier!
Your Pawsome #PedalforPaws Guide
1. If you're not joining us on the Newry towpath, make sure to map out your 20 mile cycle route in your local community
2. Start your fundraising and don't be afraid to ask the USPCA team for guidance!
3. Let your friends and family know that you have signed up for #PedalforPaws and get them involved
4. Share your challenge on social media as a way to generate support from your online community. Make sure to tag the USPCA and use the event hashtag #PedalforPaws
5. Lace up your trainers, fill up your water bottle and of course, don your USPCA t-shirt so everyone know who you are cycling for
6. Document your challenge every step of the way and make sure to capture that special celebration when you hit the 20 mile mark! Upload your photographs and videos to social media and make sure to tag the USPCA and use the hashtag #PedalforPaws!
7. When you're finished, enjoy a relaxing evening with your family and friends!
Are you up for the Challenge? Register today!